Anyone double major? I am considering doing it (environmental studies/science and something medicine related) but I will also be playing a sport in college. Any advice/warnings?

Anyone double major? I am considering doing it (environmental studies/science and something medicine related) but I will also be playing a sport in college. Any advice/warnings?

This entirely depends on what schools you’re looking at. Take the time to research the major requirememts to double major at SPECIFIC universities in the SPECIFIC majors you’re looking at. See if there’s significant overlap, which would be good in case you change your mind on double majoring. Also carefully consider why you want to double major and if it’s necessary (like is it helpful for your career goals, do you just enjoy it, etc.).

1 Like

Think of why you want to double major, do you really want to pursue two different interests, or want more career options etc. remember you will probably be busy in college (most people can barely handle 1 major + a sport is time commitment) as well as post college you can only physically have 1 full time job and chances are only one of the majors will apply.

1 Like

I personally would recommend if you want to study medicine to make that your primary focus! You can always have a minor!