Hi! Im a junior in high school. I moved states a lot & it REALLY hurt my grades. Im basically a year behind with 1.5 GPA. Do you think a GED would be a better option? Im scared moving ruined my future

Hi! Im a junior in high school. I moved states a lot & it REALLY hurt my grades. Im basically a year behind with 1.5 GPA. Do you think a GED would be a better option? Im scared moving ruined my future

In my opinion, your best option would probably be going to a community college to get a fresh start since colleges don’t look at highschool grades. In community college you can work and get a new gpa that’s a 4.0 and transfer to a good school.

1 Like

Wow I didn’t even think about community college! I agree, I think that is a great option for me to get fresh start. Very helpful response, thank you!

1 Like

Don’t worry Marianna, it is never too late to get started!
Do the best you can and then consider either getting a GED or starting off in community college. Definitely do your best in high school now if you can; senior year is an experience worth having!
A lot of people look down on community college but they are totally wrong. There is no shame in starting there!