I despise the cold, but my top colleges are in cold places (NH, upstate NY, etc). The programs, academics, and sports feel too amazing to give up, but is it worth it? Help!

I despise the cold, but my top colleges are in cold places (NH, upstate NY, etc). The programs, academics, and sports feel too amazing to give up, but is it worth it? Help!

I can’t really tell you whether or not to pick weather over all the other things you’ve mentioned, but just keep in mind whether or not weather and seasons have a significant effect on your mental health. I HATE the cold but I put up with it because I love my school, but I also know people who know themselves well enough to realize that leaving a comfortable temperature for them would affect their academic performance.

1 Like

I agree—you know yourself best! I don’t love the cold either, but I do love my school so the weather didn’t play a huge role in my decision. I sometimes get homesick for warmer weather when the weather is unrelenting, but it always passes. This also always happens right around a time when we have a break coming up, so it’s not a big deal. However, definitely think about how you personally would be affected because everyone is different!

1 Like

Come to California!!!

1 Like

Ha, I wish! California was my dream, but my parents refuse to let me put of the east coast :confused: