I’m super curious on what I should do early to make sure that I can get into college without worrying about money! I have no support from family, however I wanna know what I could do to possibly go?

I’m super curious on what I should do early to make sure that I can get into college without worrying about money! I have no support from family, however I wanna know what I could do to possibly go?

2 Likes

Scholarships! I was in the same situation and got to pay for most of my college through scholarships. I used the “Scholly” mobile app, it has hundreds of amazing scholarship opportunities through it. It’s $3.00 a month but totally worth it. I got thousands of dollars of scholarships just from writing essays and qualifying due to my personal background. You for sure should give it a try especially if money is your main concern!

1 Like

Try to look at schools with in-state tuition and talk to financial aid offices early! Most schools have a number you can call to talk to a financial aid officer about your personal financial situation. You also may want to think about taking out student loans and doing a work-study program on campus.

2 Likes

Thank you Sarah!! Also I will do that! It’s very hard getting into this and you have helped a lot!!

1 Like

Apply to as many scholarships as you can! Also apply for FASFSA and your state’s grant program as soon as it open- money is often first come first served. If you get your financial aid summary back and the amount is still not as much as you need to cover expenses consider going to a junior college before transferring to a university, it’s more cost effective and at the end of the day you will still end up with a degree from a 4 year university.

Look into Scholarships! Do the FAFSA as soon as it is released. Look into local Scholarships (i.e. the CalGrant for California residents).

Financial Aid, scholarships