If I go to a community college and transfer to a university will I still need a SAT or ACT score at any time?

If I go to a community college and transfer to a university will I still need a SAT or ACT score at any time?

4 Likes

You do not need to take those Standarize Tests for community college. Just think of it as a clean slate

Will the University I transfer to want my sat scores? And is there anything I will be missing out on not going straight to a four year?

going to a community college is a fantastic alternative. It is much more cost effective and you can transfer out to a great school after about two years. you really won’t miss that much. plan for your distant future, and don’t get fomo. i’m going to a school that cost me 60k a year to attend and honestly it’s been a burden. if you go to a CC you can get all your core requirements done and really focus on your career path when you transfer out

1 Like

Okay thank you, you’ve been so helpful. You wouldn’t happen to know about UCSB?

So I’m terrible when it comes to testing epically SAT and ACT so do you have any advice on what I should do when they come around? Because I get nervous and then I just start to click answers.

You do not need the SAT/ACT to go to a community nor need them when you transfer. Just keep your portfolio up which means be involved in the small campus clubs, get As and Bs mainly, and find a job that won’t interfere with your ability to study and maintain your gpa. Gpa is the most important when transferring out, especially if it’s a competitive school you want to go to after.

Most likely, yes. However your standardized scores will matter a lot less. This is coming from a person who also is really bad at standardized tests and has recently transferred.