Strange question, but how do you deal with the bathroom/shower situation at college? Many of my schools have communal bathrooms, but I’m a bit of a germaphobe and am scared to share bathrooms with mor

Strange question, but how do you deal with the bathroom/shower situation at college? Many of my schools have communal bathrooms, but I’m a bit of a germaphobe and am scared to share bathrooms with mor

1 Like

I’m also not too keen on sharing public bathrooms. Make sure to wear shower shoes to protect your feet and others’ from germs. The real life hack is figuring out when the bathrooms are clean and, if your schedule permits, trying to take showers during a time when they’ve recently been cleaned. If the showers are unusually disgusting, report the issue to the maintenance department/complain to someone who can change it!

1 Like

Some colleges you could request to live in a suite/apartment style dorm. I chose that option and it’s nice knowing who else is using the bathrooms and you could sit them down if they are being messy. It does come with an added cost but I think it’s well worth it.

1 Like

I was considering that, but I believe my top choice does not allow dorms to be chosen; they pick for you :confused:

You could either tough up face your fears, memorize when they clean the bathrooms and only use it then, or if the fear is debiltating you could live in an off campus apartment not affiliated with the school and commute.