Summer session and first year at Berkeley! Feel free to ask questions about application!

Summer session and first year at Berkeley! Feel free to ask questions about application!

1 Like

What do you think is your strongest advantage (ECs, Essay, etc…) when applying to Berkeley? What did you do to improve it?

I think that the strongest advantage is being focused and passionate on one subject (ex. Science) and have clubs/ECs related to that subject and then write about that subject in the essay where it asks you to explain a passion. But that being said, also be broad. Have some other interests like sports or volunteering to be well rounded but not generic; basically have a passion that you have multiple ECs related to and then have a couple ECs not related to it. For example, I applied for chemistry so I had science olympiad, summer science camps, HOSA, and then wrote my essay about my passion on it. But I also volunteered at a library with kids, spent a lot of time running and hiking and leading wilderness trips, and did a couple sports. Berkeley wants you to be a broad student but have a passion that you are going to pursue here and contribute to the world in a meaningful way by helping your whole community.

Hey, I’m applying to Berkeley this year and I wanted to know if I could PM you for any questions and/or opinion about how I could improve my application in general? I’m in dire need for any improvements that I could use on my application so if it doesn’t bother you I hope you could help me.
Thank you for your replies!

Of course!

Omg yes!
Which medium would be most comfortable for you? Should I just leave my mail or contact you through whatsapp or leave a discord server link?