Tips on application and things you can do if you don’t meet eligibility requirements for a college

Tips on application and things you can do if you don’t meet eligibility requirements for a college

1 Like

I would say the biggest thing is demonstrated interest. Find your local admissions officer and make sure they know who you are and why you’re interested in their school

1 Like

Make sure to show interest in what you are applying for! However, if you don’t meet basic eligibility like classes many schools will disregard the application entirely. Try to get as much done as you can like taking outside/ online classes!

If there are requirements in the apps you don’t fulfill, I would recommend you find applications better matched to what you can fulfill. These requirements are not only for admissions officers , but also for you to gauge if these schools are the right fit.

I got into my school without meeting eligibility. I believe it was due to my essay, my interview, and my recommendation. A recommendation can help a lot depending on who it’s from.

I believe I got into my school with our meeting certain requirements as well. I compensated with a high SAT score and a very solid essay!!

If you can do an interview with a senior interviewer for the school, it may help put you in a better position. Definitely apply to as many places as you can though, some schools don’t allow for much wiggle room with their requirements.