What happens if even with 100% financial aid met up to the family contribution, the family contribution itself is still too much money for my family to handle?

What happens if even with 100% financial aid met up to the family contribution, the family contribution itself is still too much money for my family to handle?

I’m not super knowledgeable but all colleges have a financial aid office that can help you. My best educated guess is that you would have to take out private loans through a bank or Sally Mae

Hi Audra I can help you with this problem feel free to message me. I would love to talk more about this with you.

You can appeal to your financial aid office. See if your school will give you a loan. And of course, scholarships are the more obvious but competitive route.

1 Like

You have a couple options to battle this situation - feel free to msg me for my personal experience and strategies!

You need to fix your FAFSA or css profile because the EFC should be based on your taxes (and your parents’ taxes).

I had this problem this year. You can either appeal with your financial aid office (will take forever, but they might be able to do something for you) or you can take out loans, Sallie Mae loans are very good ones for students, stuff like that. I can help you with research on that type of stuff.