Which degree in your opinions is more diverse and useful, criminal justice or criminology? (Bachelors)

Which degree in your opinions is more diverse and useful, criminal justice or criminology? (Bachelors)

It seems like both of these degrees would really benefit if you to go to graduate school so as an undergrad, I wouldn’t worry about it too much. It’s much better to choose the one that has classes you think you’ll enjoy. If you’re genuinely interested in the subjects, you’ll be happier to learn more and you’ll get better grades! And, in my experience, it isn’t too difficult to change your major, especially early on when you’ll be fulfilling your general ed requirements. And these two majors seem like they would overlap a lot anyway so don’t put too much pressure on yourself you make the “right” choice. It isn’t permanent. And it’s way more important that you enjoy.

1 Like

That was so helpful, thank you for the advice!

I agree with Jace! But on the other hand, I was torn about what I wanted to study for a major/minor. So I took the basic classes and chose the one I loved more and was way more interested in, so now I’ve decided to minor in Psychology. Most students change their majors/minors, so if I were you I wouldn’t be set on one and instead enjoy ones you may be interested in first. Don’t worry too much about it. You may not major in either of them in the end. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!