Will taking one honors class my freshman year hurt my chances of getting into an Ivy League university such as Yale? I attend a public HS BTW

Will taking one honors class my freshman year hurt my chances of getting into an Ivy League university such as Yale? I attend a public HS BTW.

No it doesn’t. Just make sure you are doing will and increasing the amount of harder classes such as APs each year and doing well at the same time

That should not really affect your chances to get into Yale. Over the next few years, you will need to take advantage of the most rigorous curriculum your school offers to be considered for a school like Yale.

Schools will be more impressed by your successes in challenging yourself. If you feel like you would be most successful with one honors class, start with that and see how you do!

No, you will be fine! having a strong upward in your GPA is key. I definitely struggled with honors geometry my freshman year in high school! Admissions readers are human and know that freshman year is an adjustment. Let me know if you have any more questions !!

I highly recommend you take that honors class, especially if it is in math because once you get caught up to be honors level, it will be easy to keep pace. Ivy leagues all use holistic admissions, so there are no GPA cutoffs. They just want to see that you are taking hard classes and doing well in them.

I took about three Honors classes my freshmen year,
If you are able to at least take one, TAKE IT!! You won’t see the difference in your GPA until junior to Senior year, but it will be worth it! I also attended a Public HS