Would it be possible to go to a college that is across the country? I live in New York and want to go to cal arts if you have traveled cross country I would love to hear your experience 😁

would it be possible to go to a college that is across the country? I live in New York and want to go to cal arts if you have traveled cross country I would love to hear your experience :grin:

1 Like

Absolutely! I’m currently going to college about 1,000 miles away from home. I would say it requires more planning in terms of move in and flying home, but it’s so worth it. I’ve really enjoyed going somewhere different and meeting people from new places. I say go for it!!

1 Like

I would say go to Cali first if you can to really experience the area before suddenly making a final decision, but LA is a fun and creative space, completely different from Manhattan.

1 Like

I went from LA to New Hampshire and it’s been a wild change! I absolutely love it but it’s definitely super different. I’d recommend visiting and trust, you’ll know how you feel when you step on campus :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have witnessed two experiences with people very close to me. My ex-boyfriend went from Chicago to LA and hated it. However, I believe this was due to him not thinking enough about how much of a change it would be. It was a last minute decision and he regretted it. My best friend went from San Diego to Chicago and she loves it. I think what she did was the perfect way to go to a school far from home. She visited the school and area, thought about it for a long time and weighed the pros and cons of going to school fat away. It’s all about preparing and being realistic with yourself.

1 Like

Most definitely! I’m from LA but go to school in Indiana. It definitely is a hassle in terms of moving in/out and going home compared to those who just drive to school, but it is definitely do-able.
Personally, I know I want to end up back in California after I graduate, so college was the perfect time to live somewhere else semi-permanently.

1 Like